SHAOLIN JAZZ – COLOR of SOUND at University of Wyoming and more…
DJ 2-Tone Jones and I are pleased to announce that the next series of our SHAOLIN JAZZ – College Lectures is on the horizon starting with Berea College (Berea, KY) – Thursday October 25th.
About two weeks later (November 7-8) our next college talk will take place at University of Wyoming, where we’ll be conducting a two day series of programming, which will include various speaking engagements, live performances, and more. In addition to these events we’ll also be presenting the second edition of our COLOR of SOUND art exhibition and we’re reaching out to the art and graphic design students of University of Wyoming to see if they’d be interested exhibiting work.
If you or someone that you know is a current University of Wyoming student and you think that they might be interested in participating in COLOR of SOUND click
SHAOLIN JAZZ – COLOR of SOUND at University of Wyoming
COLOR of SOUND, a creative extension of the SHAOLIN JAZZ music project, is an art exhibition that highlights the visuals (art, music videos, and event photography) that have been created and taken for SHAOLIN JAZZ.
In addition to featuring a range of SHAOLIN JAZZ visual works we’ll also be engaging the students (both artists and or graphic designers) of the University of Wyoming, where we’ll also exhibit the works of a select number of students whose works must include one or all of the themes of jazz, hip hop, or martial arts or any combination of the three.
COLOR of SOUND will take place at (insert event info: date, time, location) as well as your standard gallery policy regarding work sold, etc…
Artists that are interested in participating please send an email to email@example.com and include any of the following to be reviewed by a panel:
- Artists/graphic designers must be current students of University of Wyoming
- Link to online portfolio
- Video resume or sample of installation not to exceed two (2) minutes
- No more than four (4) pictures (JPEG, PDF, PNG only) (including bio/artist statement) of work not to exceed 2mb
- Include size and medium of works
- Works must include one or all of the themes of jazz, hip hop, or martial arts or any combination of the three
- The deadline for submitting work for consideration is Friday October 26, 2012
- Artists chosen will be notified via email by Wednesday October 31, 2012 and will received additional info
- Due date for designs and or artwork from selected artists/designers is Friday November 2, 2012
If you have questions feel free to contact the following individuals:
Gallery 234 Coordinator
Posted on October 21, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged berea college, color of sound, hip hop, hip hop art, jazz, jazz art, shaolin jazz, the 37th chamber, university of wyoming. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.