Only satisfied with quality work, Tewodross shot me a line the other day with the remix of his own video for our SHAOLIN JAZZ track “How Sly.” Check it out above and to check out more of Tewodross video work click here.
The homie Tewodross Melchishua never disappoints on the video tip. Whether its his live visual soundscapes, video mashups, or remixes, his creations are always engaging and this one is no different. Check out his latest offering, as he blesses us with another video from the SHAOLIN JAZZ catalog – enter the music video for “Scalp ‘Em.”
For more of Tewodross’ work click here.
Art by Aniekan Udofia
Videos by Tewodross Melchishua
COLOR of SOUND, the newest creative extension of the SHAOLIN JAZZ music project, which will debut at the first annual BlackStar Film Festival, will highlight the visuals (art, music videos, and event photography) that have been created and taken for SHAOLIN JAZZ.
For more info click Read more…
If you’ve enjoyed the SHAOLIN JAZZ – DREAM GIRLS Photo Shoots (Part 1, Part 2) then get to know the DREAM GIRLS better with a series of video interviews (produced by Tewodross Melchishua (That Soul Cinematic (TSC) where we discuss music, style, jazz among other topics.
To watch the videos click Read more…
As you watch please check for the details and layers Tewodross uses to draw you in.
Stay tuned for more…
This experience producing SHAOLIN JAZZ has allowed me to meet a number of innovators, of various disciplines, and one such person is Tewodross Melchishua – the cat who produced the video above for the SHAOLIN JAZZ track “Brew Out.”
In addition to Tewodross’ video production talents he’s also an educator that teaches an in-demand hip-hop course at Bowie State called Art 408 Visual Culture, what he calls “a visual study of hip-hop and B-Boy culture, urban/contemporary art.” And if that wasn’t enough Tewodross also curates a hip-hop exhibition called M3: MCs, Mics and Metaphors.
I’d actually seen Tewodross’ video work at different events, not knowing who he was, but 2-Tone gave me the proper intro as he thought his Live Video Mixing or as Tewodross calls it “Visual Music” would be a perfect addition to our listening parties in addition to him also creating his brand of videos for tracks from SHAOLIN JAZZ.
Tewodross’ “Visual Music,” (a unique blend of vintage pictures, video, verbiage, sounds, and colors) complemented our PHILA Listening Party like he’d been with the team since day one, so lookout for him at our listening parties and we’ll also be releasing a new SHAOLIN JAZZ video of his every month. Click here to check out more of Tewodross’ video mixes and stay tuned for the iLL.
Philly has always been a good look for DJ 2-Tone Jones and I and this time was no different. From our discussion about SHAOLIN JAZZ at Temple University to the listening party later that evening at Vivant Art Collection – the SHAOLIN JAZZ activities that went down last weekend were on point!
Lots of people to thank but its very necessary, as 2-Tone and I weren’t expecting to receive half as much love as we thought we would and that’s only due to a list of individuals that worked to help us do so.
Thanks to Jeana (Temple Univ) for inviting us to speak, Madia – for the introduction to Florcy, Florcy (Vivant Art Collection) for hosting the listening party, Alexis (Madison Davenport PR), Supa Tang for the constant spins on your radio show, Aniekan (Live Art), Tewodross – live video mixing (That Soul Cinematic), Chris Carr for shooting (Eat the Cake NYC ), Phil (Accommodations), Ed (Chairman’s Reserve Rum), Robert (vitaminwater), YaYa (Red Bull), Rahsaan (AfroTaino), LaNeshe (Painted Bride Project), Edwin, Meaghan (Uristocrat), Tayyib, Meegan (two.one.five mag), Lindsay, Asia (our lovely bartenders) and everyone that attended.
For more pics, courtesy of Chris Carr who injected his photos with the iLL, click: Read more…
2-Tone and I will actually be in PHILA earlier that day giving a talk about SHAOLIN JAZZ and since we’ve been wanting to do a listening party in Philly since we dropped the project we felt like what better time than now.
Shouts to Jeana for bringing us out, Madia Willis (Biribelle Fashion) for hooking us up with Florcy of Vivant Art Collection who’ll be hosting the listening party, Mitch at Chairman’s Reserve Rum, Rob at vitaminwater, and Supa Tang for the constant spins of SHAOLIN JAZZ on her radio show and additional ground support. For event details click the link below….. Read more…
- Clean Download
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – The Gil Scott Suite
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – ePosters
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – ePosters 2
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Art
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Album Cover Design Contest
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – T-Shirts
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – T-Shirts – Graphic Designer Interviews
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – DREAM GIRLS – Photo Shoot – Part 1
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – DREAM GIRLS – Photo Shoot – Part 2
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – DREAM GIRLS – Video Interviews
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Video Contest
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Video – Brew Out
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Video – Blue Hype
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Video – Scalp ‘Em
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series 2012
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series 2012 – Randoms (Part 1)
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series 2012 – Randoms (Part 2)
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series – Univ Wyoming
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series – Univ Wyoming – Recap
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series 2013 – Randoms (Part 1)
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series 2013
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – College and Univ Lecture Series 2014
- SHAOLIN JAZZ L!VE
- SHAOLIN JAZZ L!VE – Snippets
- SHAOLIN JAZZ L!VE – Blues Alley – Photo Recap
- SHAOLIN JAZZ L!VE – BB King NYC
- SHAOLIN JAZZ L!VE – BB King NYC – ePosters
- SHAOLIN JAZZ L!VE – BB King NYC – Photo Recap
- SUMMER of SHAOLIN
- COLOR of SOUND – BlackStar Film Festival
- COLOR of SOUND – BlackStar Film Festival – ePosters
- COLOR of SOUND – BlackStar Film Festival – Photo Recap
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Panel Discussion at DC Jazzloft Megafest
- COLOR of SOUND – BROOKLYN WILDLIFE + SHAOLIN JAZZ – NYC 2013
- COLOR of SOUND – BROOKLYN WILDLIFE + SHAOLIN JAZZ – NYC 2013 – Recap
- COLOR of SOUND for the Hip-Hop Think Tank – Recap
- SHAOLIN JAZZ – Vegas Days & Nights
- CAN I KICK IT? – Kung Flics + Classic Hip-Hop
- DC Listening Party: Pics
- NYC Listening Party: Pics, Video
- PHILA Listening Party: Pics